Saturday, June 11, 2011

Focusing on the Truth

It is often very hard to be in submission to the Lord.  It is often very tiresome to wait for His beconning and calling.  It is often very dejecting to have numerous unanswered prayers.  It is often very confusing at moments to fully understand why He does not provide in the ways we ask especially when they seem to be good and honorable requests.  It is often very frustrating to experience trials and difficulties in the same areas of life that we may have pleaded numerous times before to be taken away.  Yet, in the midst of all of these discouragements and questions in life, we are given great comfort, joy, peace, and hope...through the very Word of God. 

So, when it is very hard to be in submission to my God, I need to be reminded of the words written in 1 Peter 5:6-11: "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.  Resist Him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.  But may the God of grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.  To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever.  Amen."

When I become weary of waiting upon the Lord, I simply must focus on His promises.  "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you." (Psalm 9:10).  "I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, and heard my cry."  (Psalm 40:1).  "I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope." (Psalm 130:5)  "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

When I am confused as to why He does not seem to answer my requests that may seem good, I am reminded that every good and perfect gift comes from above, and that my Heavenly Father knows how to give good gifts to His children.  "...What man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him" (Matthew 7:9-11).  Also,  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

When it is so hard to repeatedly endure trials and difficulties, I am to follow what is written in James 1.  "...Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." (James 1:2-4).  In addition, I am to..."rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  ( 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).  I must focus on the Truth that He has already given me the strength to endure, for I have the power of the Holy Spirit within me.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  (Philippians 4:13)

Dear friends, be in the Word and focus on the Truth because this life will not bring true satisfaction and joy apart from Christ, so focus on the One who will ultimately provide for our every need!  


Thank you for reading!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment