Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ready to Fight!

  Do you ever have one of those days or weeks where you are completely discouraged, not "happy", or feeling like a cloud is hanging over you?  I can tell you that I definitely have had my share of those times. 

   Now, let me ask you something. Were those the days when you were not reading your Bible, praying, or "telling yourself" the Truth?  I, myself, can pretty much say "yes" to that question.  Isn't it interesting to really think about, friends, that a lot of the reasons why we feel so utterly down and in the dumps is because we are listening to the "voices" of our flesh, and we are not constantly feeding our minds with the Truth of God's Word.  

    That's why we are always to be ready to "fight"!  Meaning, we are to know the Truth and focus on that because when those hard days come (and they WILL), we need to be prepared.

"Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breast-
plate of righteousness, and having shed your feet with the preparation of the 
gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able
to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one."  
(Ephesians 6:14-16) 

 
   I want to encourage you to continually feed your mind with Truth because you will CONSTANTLY be attacked.   As my pastor says,  "talk to yourself", meaning to tell yourself the Truth especially during those very difficult days.  

   I also need to be in the Word more and to do as Ephesians 6 teaches. 

Are you ready for battle?  

Thanks for reading, have a great rest of your Thursday! :)

1 comment: