Sunday, April 10, 2011

Convicting Words

I love a particular poem, written by Elizabeth Elliot.  She is a woman who dedicated her life to serving in the mission field; however, she may not have expected her "plans" to turn up as they did.  If you are not familiar with her story, maybe you should look into it.  It is very amazing and intriguing to look back and see the road the Lord had chosen for her and even for the many woman she worked with.   So, I would like to share with you a poem she wrote:


Father, I know that all my life 
Is portioned out for me,
And the changes that are sure to come
I do not fear to see;
I ask Thee for a present mind, 
Intent on pleasing Thee. 


I would not have the restless will
That hurries to and fro,
Seeking for some great thing to do
Or secret thing to know;
I would be treated as a child 
And guided where I go. 

Wherever in the world I am,
In whatsoever estate,
I have a fellowship with hearts 
To keep and cultivate.  


Are YOU willing to let the Lord lead and guide your life, even if it means giving up what you had in mind for yourself?!


(Galatians 2:20)


Thanks for reading!  Have a great rest of your weekend! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment