Monday, December 26, 2011

When I am Weak Then I am Strong



"Lord, teach us that it is only out of weakness that we are made strong, 
 only as we suffer that we may reign, 
only as we lose that we may gain." 
~Elizabeth Elliot~

Elizabeth Elliot knew her Bible.  She understood that we are often made strong through the difficulties we encounter because Christ is the One who sustains us and leads us. 

As Paul boldly declares in 2 Corinthians 12:10, "...That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Also, 

"For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.  For me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:19-21)

It is made very clear in scripture that we will encounter trials and hardships, but we are given such a great hope and promise: that we will be given the grace and strength to endure!!!  We are not alone.  Christ is our Great Sustainer and He is our guide!  

So, as we encounter overwhelming difficulties, know that we will be given the strength to endure and to persevere.  

This is such a great promise to hold on to!  

Be encouraged dear friends that when we are faced with a great obstacle (or even a little one), we will be given the provisions we need to endure!! 

~Grow in Grace~ 
2 Peter 3:18 




No comments:

Post a Comment