Monday, December 12, 2011

My Prayer

This is my prayer:

"To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.  O my God, I trust in You; let me not be ashamed; let not my enemies triumph over me.  Indeed, let n one who waits on You be ashamed; Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.  Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths.  Lead me in Your truth, and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day.  Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses, For they are from of old.  Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; According to Your mercy remember me, For Your goodness sake, O Lord." 

(Psalm 25:1-7)

   It is easy to become discouraged, weary, fearful, and impatient,  and to therefore give in to such feelings, but know that God is forever faithful and His promises are true, and that should be what drives us onward!  What great hope we have, friends!  

    When I talk to my friends who are not trusting in Christ, who do not believe in the Truth, and when they share with me their difficulties and troubles, it is so sad that they live their life without hope which is only found in Christ.  

  I am so thankful to my Lord and Savior that He is my hope and stay!  When I encounter difficulties and discouragements, I know that He is forever faithful and He is my strength!  He gives me hope and comfort!  What a great God we have!  

   My prayer is what David expressed in Psalm 25:1-7.  May the Lord continue to show Himself to me more and more.  

   What is your prayer? 




~Grow in Grace~
2 Peter 3:18

2 comments:

  1. What great hope we have indeed!

    You know, I think my prayer is Psalm 19. Ever since I first memorized it, I have been convicted and encouraged by it every time it comes to mind.
    "The judgements of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them your servant is warned and in keeping there is great reward. Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dom over me. Then I shall be blameless, and I shall be innocent of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord my Strength and my Redeemer."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen girl! That is such a great prayer! Thanks for sharing! Grow in grace! :)

    ReplyDelete