Sunday, October 30, 2011

Teach Me Lord

     At church this morning, we sang this beautiful hymn about the walk of a believer, a follower of Christ, and how as Christians, we must seek to obey the Lord and follow after Him.  The words from this hymn really encouraged me and challenged me to grow in my faith!


~Teach Me O Lord~

"Teach me, O Lord, thy way of truth, And from it
I will not depart; That I may steadfastly obey, Give me an understanding heart. 

In thy commandments make me walk, For in thy law my joy shall be; 
Give me a heart that loves thy will, From discontentment and envy free. 

Turn thou mine eyes from vanity, And cause me in thy ways to tread; 
O let thy servant prove thy Word And thus to godly fear be led. 

Turn thou away reproach and fear; Thy righteous judgments I confess;
To know thy precepts I desire; Revive me in thy righteousness." 


   This hymn was a good reminder for me to keep my eyes on the truth contained in God's Holy Word and to find my joy in knowing my King.  I want to walk in the way of truth and to know His precepts! I pray He will give me an understanding heart!!

~Grow in Grace~
2 Peter 3:18 


No comments:

Post a Comment