Wednesday, September 14, 2011

He Directs Our Steps

     Over the last few days, I have really been pursuing job opportunities, after being unemployed for a while.  I have prayed to the Lord concerning where I should work, what I should do, and where I should go.  I have updated my resume, created a cover letter, done my research on different employment opportunities, and now I am just starting to go out into the "field", so to speak, and present, to possible employers, all that I have prepared for in seeking employment.   It is quite an intimidating process.  I do not know if I will be well received, rejected, or even if I will be given any feedback at all.  A verse in Proverbs continually came to my mind today as I was online doing my research for different job opportunities.  It is such a great passage of scripture.

     Proverbs 16:9 states, "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."  I needed to really think through what this verse is saying.  I, Breana Haas, may, in my own mind, have a business I want to work for, a line of work I want to pursue, but I am still completely subject to the ultimate purpose and will of the Lord.  Meaning, that my sovereign God overrules my plans in order to fulfill His purposes.  My "Abba" Father knows what is best for me, His daughter, and He will open and shut doors in order to lead me to where He desires me, His child, to be.  It is comforting to know that He is in control, but at the same time, I know that the path may be a difficult one at times especially if I do not see the results that I want or receive any responses to my resumes.  It is then, during those times, which I know will come, that I need to pray, "Thy will be done in this Lord".   He will lead me in the way He ultimately desires for me to go.  I can make plans, but He directs my steps.  

   I read these other verses that were very encouraging.  Proverbs 16:1, "The preparations of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord."  Psalm 37:23, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in His way though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand."  Proverbs 20:24, "A man's steps are of the Lord; How then can a man understand his own way?"  Proverbs 10:23, "O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in a man who walks to direct his own steps."  Lastly, one of my favorite passages of scripture, "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

   I need to be in constant dependence upon the Lord and seek to obey Him.  He will lead, guide, and direct those who are His.  I am simply not to worry but to trust and obey. 

~Grow in Grace~
2 Peter 3:18

1 comment: