Saturday, May 21, 2011

Think About It...

I love this quote: 

"By realizing the reality of the Holy Spirit within us, we are never bothered again by the fact that we do not understand ourselves, or that other people do not understand us.  The only One who truly understands [me] is the One who made [me] and who redeems [me]...It is a tremendous freedom to get rid of every kind of self-consideration and learn to care about only one thing -- the relationship between our Heavenly Father and ourselves." 

~ by Oswald Chambers  (paraphrase)

I was also reading a verse today in Psalms that really made me think.  "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man." (Psalm 118:6) 

How often we put our trust, hope, confidence, and value in our family and friends.  We look to people to determine our worth and value instead of focusing on the Truth that Christ is the ONLY One we should place on that pedestal of worship.  

We desire to be understood and valued like we think we should.  Well, I can tell you that people will not give you that which we truly desire and seek.  Only Christ can truly give us that which we long for in this life.

Who are you worshiping...man or Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment