Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Knowing You


All I once held dear built my life upon 
All this world reveres, and wars to own
All I once thought gain I have counted loss
Spent and worthless now compared to this

Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You 
There is no greater thing 
You're my all, You're my rest
You're my joy, my righteousness
And I love You Lord

Now my heart's desire is to know You more
To be Found in You, ad know as Yours 
To possess by faith what I could not earn
All surpassing gift of righteousness

Oh to know the power of Your risen life
And to know You in Your sufferings
To become like You in Your death, my Lord
So with You to live and never die 

(Lyrics to a song I recently heard) 



   There is no time wasted when it is spent learning more about Jesus Christ.  There is nothing more important than growing in the knowledge of our Savior.  There is no greater joy than in having a relationship with the Lord.  There is no greater peace and comfort given than in trusting Christ as our Savior and hoping in Him alone as our Redeemer.   Truly, knowing Him is the greatest and most important thing in this life. 

  ~Grow in Grace~ 
2 Peter 3:18 






No comments:

Post a Comment